Parent and participant, please read all items below. You may even print them out. There is nothing to fill out on these documents. You will need to acknowledge that you have read and agree to the items below when you next go forward with the electronic membership process and click “register now.”
Below you will find:
· Participant Code of Conduct
· Parental/ Legal Guardian Release of Liability
· Medical Authorization
· Medical Insurance card information
· Message about our Challenge Grant!
HaZamir Participant Code of Conduct 2011-2012
All participants in HaZamir are required to follow this Code of Conduct. Any violations of this code will result in removal from the HaZamir program.
1. Participants, as representatives of their HaZamir chapters and the HaZamir movement, shall behave at all times in a manner that represents maturity and personal integrity.
2. Participants shall respect the privacy, property and lifestyles of host families, conductors, chaperones, HaZamir staff, their fellow HaZamir participants and all venues in which they meet.
3. Participants shall not use, sell, distribute or be involved with person(s) who use, sell or distribute or have any other contact or involvement with alcohol or drugs (other than those specifically prescribed by the participant’s doctor). There will be no smoking during HaZamir events, concerts, rehearsals or gatherings.
4. Participants will not engage in any sexual behavior or inappropriate physical behavior.
5. Participants shall not fight, steal or engage in any behavior that is hurtful to others.
6. Cell phones must be turned off during all scheduled activities. One may not text message, IM or play on cell phones during rehearsals or concerts. Any cell phone or other electronic usage during the course of a HaZamir rehearsal or concert will result in its confiscation until the end of the event.
7. During all HaZamir events, including, but not limited to the Regional Intervisitation and the Annual HaZamir Festival, participants shall report to all scheduled workshops, programs, rehearsals, services, performances and special events at the established times and shall remain at these locations until the conclusion of the scheduled event. Any child who cannot sit through an extended rehearsal (two hours or more) is not a suitable candidate for HaZamir.
8. Participants shall be assigned sleeping rooms and roommates for overnight events. Every participant must sleep in the room to which he/she is assigned. Participants must adhere to the curfews established by the HaZamir staff, conductors, chaperones and or host families. Breaking curfew or visiting a room that is not one’s assigned room will result in removal from Festival and the HaZamir program. (Participants may request preferred roommates, but they are not guaranteed.) HaZamir Intervisitations and Festival are a time to get to know other teens from across the United States and Israel.
9. Participants cannot room with chaperones and parents at Festival.
10. HaZamir performers must be in the required and complete HaZamir uniform in order to perform on stage at the Gala concert and any other national event. Any HaZamir singer who is not in approved uniform will not be allowed to perform on stage at the Gala concert.
11. No one may upload any HaZamir videos or sound tracks without express permission from the Zamir Choral Foundation.
12. HaZamir conductors, staff, host families and chaperones reserve the right to enforce other rules relating to the integrity of HaZamir, the Zamir Choral Foundation and host organizations and/or the health, safety or welfare of their participants.
13. Violations of this Code will result in dismissal from the HaZamir program. Parents will be responsible for the cost of all transportation and related expenses should a HaZamirnik be sent home from a national event. Parents will be responsible for the cost of any damage caused to property by their child. No refund of fees will be made following any disciplinary actions.
HaZamir Parental/ Legal Guardian Release of Liability 2011-2012
I hereby grant permission for my son/daughter to participate in all official HaZamir activities for the 2011-2012 year, and in consideration of the permission of such participation, I agree as follows:
I hereby agree to be fully responsible for any and all costs of medical treatment to my child in the event of illness, injury, loss of medication or other medical event or emergency during which HaZamir or its authorized representative must obtain assistance on my child’s behalf, and I further agree that I will bear the cost of his/her transportation from any HaZamir activity in the event of illness.
I hereby unconditionally release HaZamir and the Zamir Choral Foundation and any of their directors, agents, employees, sponsoring or hosting organizations, any of their officers, volunteers and anyone working under, through or in connection with any of them with respect to any incident, claim, occurrence, loss, injury or damage, whether known or unknown, present or future, foreseeable or not, that could or may arise out of such participation, including, but not limited to travel to and from rehearsals, venues, any events, or home hospitality or activities in which he/she may participate or engage, whether or not the same may be deemed to be a part of the HaZamir activities or not, from the time when he/she shall leave my permanent residence until the time he/she shall have returned thereto.
I further hereby grant permission for, and waive any rights to the use of any photographs, video, recording or any other record of my child’s participation in HaZamir or any and all events or occasion ancillary thereto, without consideration of any kind, for any legitimate purpose as determined by the HaZamir Director or authorized representative. I understand that the information about my child, including any pictures, is public and may be used by valid media representatives, sponsoring organizations and/or HaZamir and the Zamir Choral Foundation. I hereby consent to such use without compensation to me or my family.
HaZamir Medical Authorization
In the event of a medical emergency, I hereby grant permission to the physician selected by the local HaZamir Director or authorized representative to secure medical treatment for my child, which treatment may include, but is not limited to, hospitalization, dispensing of medication and/or surgery, as may be deemed appropriate by the physician who is consulted.
I also permit authorized representatives of HaZamir and the Zamir Choral Foundation to dispense to my child over-the-counter medications (Tylenol, Advil, Midol, cold/cough preparations, Band-Aids, etc.) when necessary. I will provide any special instructions or medical issues regarding the dispensing of these types of medications to my child on the application.
Please advise us of any allergies and/ or special medical conditions which your child has.
We realize that there are teens who have certain medical conditions that they would like to keep private. We respect this, but we cannot address the needs of your child if we do not know of their conditions. Any teen who needs to take medication during the course of the weekend or who has a medical condition that can impact on his or her safety or the safety of others in the HaZamir program will be treated with discretion and all medical information will be kept confidential. We cannot take responsibility for any teen whose medical condition is not made known to us.
Copy of Medical Insurance Card
In order to properly tend to your child in case of an emergency, we must have a copy of your medical insurance card on file. Your registration will not be complete until the National Office receives a copy of your medical insurance card. You may send this copy by mail to HaZamir, c/o Zamir Choral Foundation, 475 Riverside Drive, Suite 1948, New York, NY 10115, fax to 212-870-3336, or as a scanned attachment by email to HaZamir@ZamirChoralFoundation.org.
The deadline for registration is October 11th. If you are mailing copy of your insurance card through the USPS, make sure it is postmarked no later than October 6th.
Registrations (including payment and insurance card) received after October 11th are subject to the late fee of $35.
National dues are non- refundable.
Double the Impact of Your Charitable Dollars!
HaZamir: The International Jewish High School Choir makes a big difference in the lives of hundreds of Jewish teens around the country and in Israel. It also has a huge impact on their Jewish identity and community involvement in later life. (To see a summary of the findings of the first-ever survey of Jewish choral activity in North America, click here.)
HaZamir national dues only cover a small portion of the cost of making the HaZamir experience possible. The rest is covered by donations.
We are proud to announce a generous challenge grant from the Gottesman Family Foundation. For each dollar you give, HaZamir will get $2!
Please consider a donation to HaZamir, in addition to your child's dues -
____ $ 100 (HaZamir gets $200)
____ $ 180 (HaZamir gets $360)
____ $ 500 (HaZamir gets $1,000)
____ $1,000 (HaZamir gets $2,000)
As you think about your charitable gifts during this Rosh Hashanah season, remember: a gift to HaZamir will make your charitable dollar go twice as far.
Thank you and Shanah Tovah!
Now, please click on “Register Now” to begin your registration process.
HaZamir is a project of the Zamir Choral Foundation.
Matthew Lazar, Founder and Director
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 1948, New York, NY 10115
ph: 212.870.3339 fax:212.870.3336